Journal 51
July 28 - August 4
This week I learned about modern cloud computing concepts such as automation, containers, virtual machines, serverless computing, and hybrid cloud architectures. I particularly resonated with Google's "cattle, not pets" approach, where applications are designed to be easily replaced and automatically managed instead of manually maintained. To be honest, it mostly stayed with me because of the silly wording of "not pets," but it was an important topic nonetheless. I also learned automation can monitor systems, restart failed processes, and efficiently schedule workloads across different hardware. Also, our Github group project continued to reinforce the reading topics as we wrote system tests this iteration. It is always interesting to see how these concepts come together collaboratively as a team. As someone interested in data science for baseball, understanding scalable cloud infrastructure is valuable because modern analytics systems must be able to process large amounts of data efficiently and reliably.
Comments
Post a Comment